Financial Aid - Current Students
Welcome to the Current Student Financial Aid Center at PTC. If you have completed your first quarter of classes at PTC you are considered a current student and you are in the right place. As a current student there are a number of dates you will need to keep track of and forms to fill out, to make sure you qualify for all the financial aid you are entitled to.
Here you will find resources, forms, and step by step instructions to assist you in the process of continuing to pay for college. We will try and make this important process as easy as we can for you. You can call us at any time at 1-800-784-9675 to get answers to any questions you may have or to have us walk you through one of the steps. We have provided several links in the right-hand margin that include resources you may find valuable. We encourage you to become as informed as you can.
Students Enrolled in a Degree Program
If you are enrolled in a degree program the length is either seven quarters, or 21 months or eight quarters-24 months. Financial aid breaks down programs into three separate financial aid planning periods to define our academic years.
- Your first academic year is nine months, typically quarters 1, 2, and 3.
- You second academic year is nine months, typically quarters 4, 5, and 6.
- Your third and final academic year is three months, typically quarters 7 and 8.
- You will need to renew your financial aid three times and complete a new FAFSA at the beginning of each calendar year.
- Your parents will need to apply for a parent loan if you have selected a parent loan option, three times -one for each academic year.
- If you have an alternative loan you will also apply for this loan three times- one for each academic year.
- If you have a monthly payment agreement (NBS) you will have to renew the contract three times, every twelve months depending when you started at PTC.
On this website you will find key dates on the financial aid calendar and important links to where you can complete the paperwork required.
Students Enrolled in a Certificate Program
If you are enrolled in a Certificate program your term will range from one quarter to six quarters - 18 months.
If your certificate is longer than a full year:
- You will need to renew your financial aid each year and complete a new FAFSA at the beginning of each calendar year.
- If you have selected a parent loan option, your parents will need to apply for a Parent Loan, each academic year.
- If you have an alternative loan you will also apply for this loan each academic year.
- If you have a monthly payment agreement (NBS) you will have to renew the contract every twelve months depending when you started at PTC.
Look through this site carefully. Review the calendar and jot down key dates. Explore links to the financial aid forms and get comfortable with the process. And call us if you need any help.
PTC Financial Aid Center 1-800-784-9675
FOR QUESTIONS ON FINANCIAL AID PLEASE CALL: 1-800-784-9675
To obtain a FSA ID number for your FAFSA go to studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid
To complete your FAFSA online go to www.fafsa.gov