Financial Aid FAQs

How frequently does financial aid need to be completed?
Financial aid needs completed each academic year that a student is enrolled. In a degree program consisting of 21 months, the student will need to apply for grants and loans three times. If a parent loan is needed, a parent credit check is also needed for each loan period.
How does PTC notify students of changes in their financial plans or that a new plan exists?
When changes are made to a Financial Plan or a new one created, we send an email to the student’s school email and the plan can be reviewed by the student through the portal. If there is a balance due we will send the appropriate documents to the student/parent’s home address for their response. A student may give the parent authorization to access this information through the student portal MYPTC.
What does the phrase “repackage” mean?
When a student is approaching the completion of their first academic year, typically after 9 months, the financial aid office will repackage" or create a new financial aid plan for the student for the next period. In order to do this, the student must be making satisfactory academic progress and have completed the appropriate year FAFSA (See calendar on the reverse side).
What is the deadline for renewing your financial aid each year?
PTC has a priority deadline of March 31st each year. There is a May 1st deadline for state grants. It is important that the dates be met to insure eligibility for funding from the various sources.
What other requirements are there for students to receive student loans?
The student must complete the Entrance Interview during the orientation session. This interview reviews the students' rights and responsibilities related to borrowing Direct Student loans from the federal government.
How do I get tax credit information regarding my education?
PTC, through our third party servicer, Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI), will send you a 1098T form by US mail. The form is required to be sent by January 31 of each year. The form can be given to a tax preparer to determine any qualification for tax credits
What if I need an enrollment verification for insurance purposes?
Students are able to get enrollment certificates from the school portal (My PTC) once they have set up their login. These certificates can be printed and mailed or emailed directly to the company requesting the verification. Any student having difficulty producing the document from My PTC can contact the Registrar for verification.
What if have questions regarding financial aid forms and processes?
You can stop in and see financial aid on the 3" level or call 1-800-784-9675 and ask for the financial aid office. You can also go to for information on student aid programs and process

A nonprofit Institution

PTC can help launch your career with a hands-on, personal approach
and a wide range of advantages over traditional institutions.

Pittsburgh Technical College, 1111 McKee Road, Oakdale PA, 15071
(412) 809-5100

Pittsburgh Technical College admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.