Financial Aid Planning at PTC
Statement of Understanding
Pittsburgh Technical College has a process whereby students and their families can review a student’s financial aid plan and prepare a comfortable budget for the family. This process will give your family an estimate of your aid eligibility and investment in the future.
The financial aid planning process involves the family providing personal financial information, which we agree to keep confidential. To request a financial aid plan for your education, please contact us at 412-809-5100. Before you begin, please read and understand the following:
- All loans and grants are based upon formulas established by the state and federal governments. All estimates provided by PTC are based upon accurate information provided by the family.
- The preliminary financial aid plan and the final award notification are estimates and Pittsburgh Technical College cannot guarantee the amount of loans and grants to be received. Financial aid eligibility changes each year as the family income or situation changes.
- The student and family agree that they will immediately notify the school of any change in circumstances. These items could include parent and/or student income, marital status, number of family members attending college, and change in dependency status.
- Students and parents understand the need to respond to all requests for information and complete all financial aid forms in a timely fashion.
- Students and parents need to realize that there are deadlines for submission of all forms to the state and federal government. By missing the deadlines, families run the risk of losing loans and grants. It is the parents’ option as to whether funding will be secured through the federal parent loan program or other alternative funding method(s)
- The preliminary financial aid plan covers the entire enrollment period. Families must reapply for financial aid several times throughout the enrollment period.
- Student who are eligible for living expenses and choose to take these additional funds must request so in writing by completing the “Monthly Living Expense Request Form” Please note that by taking the additional funding, it is likely to increase the student/parent loan debt.
- Financial Aid Plans and Loan Disbursement Notifications will be sent electronically. If you wish to opt out of electronic notification, please contact the Financial Aid Department at 412-809-5100.
- Any balance owed to the school while in attendance is the responsibility of the student.
- Any balance owed to PTC due to voluntary or involuntary withdrawal or dismissal is the responsibility of the student.