Spend three days, two nights with PTC in our classrooms and labs, learn from our best instructors, enjoy the PTC Carnival, and meet high school students who share your interests. Spend a bit of your summer having fun while making tracks toward your future. Choose the camp that best matches your talents, passions, and future goals.
Summer Camp 2017
July 31, to August 2, 2017
Each summer, PTC hosts camps on its North Fayette Campus for high school seniors and recent graduates. Camps such as Camp Patissierie, Camp Energy, Camp Design, Camp CSI, Camp Med, Camp Trades and Camp Technology present specific careers by immersing interested students in the technologies and skills fundamental to the field through classroom projects and lab time. In the past, participants have investigated a mock crime scene, drawn blood from a mannequin arm, created an interactive e-advertising campaign, and built a Battle Bot for competition.
What makes PTC's summer camps so special is that students learn alongside other students who share their interests and passions, meet new friends, and experience PTC's campus and student activities through a three-day residential experience. Dates are set for Summer Camp 2017.
- Summer Camps are perfect for 2017 and 2018 high school grads.
- Your $100 covers camp registration, hotel accommodations, meals, bus transportation to and from housing and events, entertainment plus everything you need for your career sessions. Pay the Camp fee online. This is due Friday July 14, 2017, to secure your attendance.
Register for Summer Camp here.
- 3 Days, 2 Nights of action packed, fun-filled career exploration and activities on PTC's campus.
- Attendees reside at a neighboring hotel.
- Accommodations are air conditioned and include bedding, bath towels, TV, iron and hair dryer.
- Weather permitting, there's swimming, volleyball and a scavenger hunt.
- Items to bring: casual clothes, beach towel and bathing suit, sweatshirt/sweater, personal items.
- Camp provides private bus transportation from hotel accommodations to PTC and all events.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus evening snacks are provided.
Contact Sarah by calling 412-809-5391 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose from these camps:
- Bread making
- Cookies and Pastry
- Chocolate mousse
- Building robots
- Robot team competition
Camp Design CAD
Computer Aided Drafting
- Students will be shown how today’s software is changing the way industry designs and manufactures products in today’s demanding Mechanical industry.
- Students will utilize Architectural specific software that is changing the way industry works together in the design and creation of new buildings.
- Students will simulate the design process by designing, building, and taking the design into competition.
Camp Design Graphics and Video Production
- Students will be shown how today’s software is changing the way industry designs and produces printed and web related media.
- Students will be introduced to the inner workings of a green screen studio, learning what all is needed to succeed in this demanding yet exciting industry.
- Process a simulated crime scene
- Use the MILO, a crime-in-progress simulator
- Make a cast of a footprint
- Detect and lift latent fingerprints
- Use your power of observation
- Police observation at a paintball location
- Basic fundamentals of electricity
- Plasma cutting
- Intro into welding
Camp Information Technology and Programming
- People, Process, Technology
- Data Security & Forensics
- Operation Systems & Networking Infrastructure
- Software, Game and Mobile Development
- Role of the surgical technologist in the OR
- Learn the techniques on how to measure vital signs, remove surgical staples, sutures, and wound care
- Massage techniques and modalities
- Healthcare professions-learning about nursing and medical assisting
- Behind the scenesburgh steel city fam
- Local venues