Online registration for Summer Camp 2018 is now Closed.
If you have questions about Summer Camp, please contact Sarah Lamone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spend time on PTC's campus learning about design, criminal justice, medical or technology careers while getting to know other high school students who share your career interests. Spend a bit of your summer having fun while making tracks toward your future. Choose the camp that best matches your talents, passions, and future goals.
Each summer, PTC hosts camps on its North Fayette Campus for high school seniors and recent graduates. Camps such as Camp Patissierie, Camp Energy, Camp Design, Camp CSI, Camp Med, Camp Trades and Camp Technology present specific careers by immersing interested students in the technologies and skills fundamental to the field through classroom projects and lab time. In the past, participants have investigated a mock crime scene, drawn blood from a mannequin arm, created an interactive e-advertising campaign, and built a Battle Bot for competition.
What makes PTC's summer camps so special is that students learn alongside other students who share their interests and passions, meet new friends, and experience PTC's campus and student activities through a three-day residential experience.
- 3 Days, 2 Nights of action packed, fun-filled career exploration and activities on PTC's campus.
- Attendees reside at a neighboring hotel.
- Accommodations are air conditioned and include bedding, bath towels, TV, iron and hair dryer.
- Weather permitting, there's swimming, volleyball and a scavenger hunt.
- Items to bring: casual clothes, beach towel and bathing suit, sweatshirt/sweater, personal items.
- Camp provides private bus transportation from hotel accommodations to PTC and all events.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus evening snacks are provided.
- Combine your passions for technology and design with computer-aided drafting. You’ll use architectural specific software to create products and buildings, and show off your finished piece within a friendly competition.
- Are you wondering what exactly goes into a crime scene investigation? Find out when you process a simulated crime scene, use a crime-in-progress simulator, make a cast of a footprint, detect and lift fingerprints, and so much more.
Graphic Design & Video Production
- Gain a better understanding of visual storytelling when you use software to create designs for print or web. Then, step into a green screen studio to learn the inner workings of video production.
Hospitality and Business
- Have a head for business? See yourself in hospitality? Get a behind-the-scenes look at local companies in the hospitality industry and compete in a fun, corporate team challenge.
HVAC + Welding
- Gain hands-on experience within the trade industry by learning the basic fundamentals of HVAC and troubleshooting. Then, dive into welding with an intro course and plasma cutting.
IT + Programming
- The world of technology is constantly evolving. From data security and forensics, to software, game, and mobile development, to the systems and networking infrastructure that keep the world running, step inside the domain of IT.
- Have you always had interest in the human body? Then take this opportunity to act as surgical technologist, learn basic nursing practices and massage techniques, and gain an understanding of other healthcare professions.
Culinary Arts (Pâtissier)
- Satisfy your desire to serve up sweet when you step into PTC’s professional kitchen. You’ll learn how to make bread, cookies, pastries and chocolate mousse.
- If you always have your eyes set on technological advancements—its time to build some robots! Gain an understanding of basic programming skills and participate in the robot team competition.