The glamorous world of travel and tourism has an important business side. Skilled management people are needed to manage hotel operations, reservation call centers, airline operations and even restaurants. Pittsburgh Technical College has combined its renowned hospitality expertise with a wealth of management and business fundamentals. The result is this concentration in hospitality and tourism which offers the best of hospitality and business training. The program is available completely online allowing you to balance work, family, and studies and you earn your degree. The program is an immersion in business essentials and hospitality expertise, crafted to prepare you for a successful career in the hospitality industry.
- You will build key skills with real-world simulations and cases in many areas of hospitality and management. The simulations mirror real business scenarios that hospitality managers have encountered and provide invaluable management lessons.
- You will study at your convenience using PTC’s online technology platform.
- You will develop skills in resort and hotel management.
- Courses prepare you with valuable knowledge in travel reservations and international and domestic travel.
- You will also learn key skills in food service management and event planning.
- The program has been crafted by business advisory board members to insure that the curriculum is current with industry demand. This career-focused program builds on the hands-on expertise PTC is known for.
- PTC hosts an active collegiate SKAL chapter. SKAL is an international hospitality organization that provides invaluable networking opportunities for students and potential access to scholarships. These events are available to online students who may elect to participate.
- You may complete your Bachelor’s Degree in as little as three years.
The PTC management program is designed to prepare you with the following skills:
- You will master a series of cases and simulations with real-world business practices.
- Work in an online team environment to make pertinent strategic decisions which impact the hospitality organization’s business strategy.
- Learn to solve business problems, think critically, and make effective presentations.
- Develop skills in hospitality and tourism law.
- Learn the intricate details of global reservation systems.
- Understand tourism financial management
- Evaluate a firm’s external environment to include consumer markets, competition, market segments, positioning, product and branding, services, pricing, promotion, and evaluation.
- Design and complete a business and marketing plan to present to investors.
More information about Hospitality & Tourism Management below
More information about Hospitality below