Posted by Jackie James
PTC now offers an Electronics Engineering Technology degree with an Industrial Instrumentation concentration that is designed to prepare students for careers in automation, measurement, instrumentation and process control.
As electronics companies automate their production facilities, there is a need for electronics professionals to install and repair industrial automations systems. , In the energy industry, there is a need for electronics professionals at compressor stations, at energy facilities, and on pipeline projects who have the electronics, instrumentation and automation skills to monitor the extraction, storage and transmittal of this natural resource.
- With this focused, industrial instrumentation degree, PTC graduates are prepared to meet the demand for midstream industrial and commercial automation technicians.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of level, temperature, pressure, and flow control and comprehensive technical skills universally critical to industry and natural gas and oil companies based in the tri-state region.
- Theoretical coursework presented by experienced automation professionals sets the stage for extensive 'hands-on' experience with state-of-the-industry equipment.
- Students interested in this program will enjoy the technical and hands on aspects of a fast-paced, ever-changing career field. Courses include instruction in installing, servicing, and maintaining automation systems.
- You will learn how to set up, calibrate, and troubleshoot instrumentation and controllers. The program includes the option of a capstone project or an internship in the field.