Therapeutic Massage Practitioner
The world of massage therapy is growing in respectability as its therapeutic and restorative benefits are recognized.
PTC's Therapeutic Massage Practitioner program prepares graduates with a range of techniques, knowledge of anatomy, and hours of hands-on practice at an on-site massage lab, Saturday clinics, and off-site massage events. PTC students gain additional experience and confidence by completing an internship prior to graduation in preparation for professional licensure.
- Instructors who have worked or continue to work in the massage field provide up-to-date insight on industry trends, clientele attitudes, and new products.
- An on-site massage lab simulates real-world settings complete with privacy bays, a private dressing area, massage tables and chairs and products.
- A full schedule of Saturday clinics affords students the opportunity to practice clinical protocols and gain experience interacting with the general public.
- PTC's program includes different modalities including chair massage, Swedish massage and deep tissue.
- PTC's special focus on massage for special populations including pregnancy and infant massage instruction, geriatric massage, and palliative care, and an Aromatherapy class that covers oil basics, its effect on the skin, and ways to add this modality to massage service delivers broad-based massage training.