Opportunities in nursing will continue to grow as medical advancements help people live longer.
PTC's PRACTICAL NURSING program combines discussions, learning experiences, lectures and hands-on training in a state-of-the-industry laboratory and clinical classrooms where students can develop the skills needed to stand out in the job market and make a difference in patients' lives.
- PTC's Practical Nursing students started at an average salary of $38,823.**
- You will regularly learn in PTC's state-of-the-industry simulation lab where you will work with the latest equipment and technology providing hands-on practice with the tools you will use in your nursing career.
- Our program includes management instruction so you will be prepared to lead a department as you progress in your career.
- Many graduates begin their career in senior care so this is a focus throughout your PTC education.
- You will work in a nurturing environment with experienced instructors and student advisors. Our small class sizes mean you get the individual attention you need.
- PTC students learn the art and science of nursing with classes that are building blocks to lifelong learning. Articulation agreements with several colleges open doors to nursing education should you decide to pursue your associate or bachelors degree.
**Represents the average starting salary for 2014 Practical Nursing graduates who were available to receive career search assistance between January 2014 through April 2015, are working in-field full-time, and reported salary information to PTC. Click here for supporting salary data.
The Practical Nursing Certificate Program is accredited through fall 2018 by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. (404) 975-5000. www.acenursing.org
So you want to be a Nurse? Here’s what you need to know about eligibility and admission to PTC’s School of Nursing.
PTC’s School of Nursing welcomes candidates to its testing dates and information sessions for its Practical Nursing and Associate in Science, Nursing, programs. Here’s what you need to know about candidacy for PTC’s School of Nursing.
PTC School of Nursing candidates must complete the following.
- Provide proof of high school graduation or GED
- Pass PTC’s nursing entrance exam
Submit acceptable SAT/ACT scores
- Pass a background check and a drug screening.
Here’s how you get started.
Step 1 – DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- If you have SAT/ACT scores that match the following, call PTC Nursing Admissions at 412-809-5386.
SAT: Math 450 or better and Verbal 450 or better
ACT: 19 or better
- If you currently work as an LPN, call PTC Nursing Admissions at 412-809-5386
- If A and B don’t apply to you, schedule a testing date for PTC’s Nursing entrance exam to determine your eligibility. Contact PTC Nursing Admissions at 412-809-5386 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2 – ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION
Once you are notified of your eligibility, you can schedule a date to attend one of PTC’s School of Nursing Information Sessions to receive your Enrollment Packet and instructions.
Step 3 – APPLY FOR CLEARANCES
Submit the following components as detailed in your Enrollment Packet.
- Act 33
- Act 34
- Act 73
- PTC’s admissions application
- $100 tuition deposit*
- $60 drug screening fee*
* your tuition deposit and screening fee should be included in one $160 check made payable to Pittsburgh Technical College
Step 4 – MEET WITH ADMISSIONS
When all 6 components of your enrollment packet are submitted you can schedule an individual interview with PTC Admissions to tour our facility and to discuss your career goals, educational expectations, financial aid need and possible credit transfers.
Step 5 – COMPLETE YOUR ADMISSIONS APPLICATION
Submit the following forms.
- Health Evaluation Form
- Proof of CPR (professional rescuer)
- Drug screening results
Once you complete these five steps, your application for admission to PTC’s School of Nursing can be evaluated. Upon acceptance, you can order your uniform and prepare for the start of classes.
Questions? Contact PTC Nursing Admissions at 412-809-5386 or email@example.com
PTC’s Nursing entrance exam